Former “The Voice” star Meghan Linsey is opening up on the horrible ordeal she endured after being bitten by a spider.
In February, Linsey was bitten by a poisonous spider while sleeping. The bite left her with “a hole on my face” after the skin cells around the site started to rot.
She opened up on the symptoms she struggled with, telling People magazine, "The swelling was the first thing, and then I ended up just having crazy, crazy symptoms. I had muscle spasms, then I had a body rash all over. They tell people to not look up things on WebMD, and I had looked up everything on WebMD and I had every symptom. Every day was another thing.”
“I was supposed to be getting better, but I was getting worse — up until day nine, which is when the symptoms stopped happening and the necrosis started on my face,” the 31-year-old revealed.
I know I've been MIA on social media for a while, so I wanted to fill you all in on what's going on. These pics are hard to share, but I think it's important for me to be open with you guys. Everything isn't perfect all of the time. We all go through hard stuff. So, 9 days ago, on February 12, I woke up to a stinging sensation on my face. I looked and in my right hand was a dead spider. Somehow while I was sleeping, a spider had bit me and I had killed it. This scenario is literally on the top of my nightmare list. The stinging was awful and I knew it had to be poisonous. I put the spider in a bag and headed to urgent care. Over the course of the last 9 days, I have experienced the most insane symptoms. From excruciating nerve pain in my face, muscle spasms, full body rash, extreme swelling... etc. It has really been rough. It has been confirmed that I was bit by a brown recluse spider, one of two of the most poisonous spiders in the US. I am still dealing with the wound on my face, but I finally found the right meds to control the nerve pain. I know I'm not out of the woods on this yet, but I am so incredibly grateful for my health and I will never take it for granted again. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. I will be getting back in the studio this week, to work on the new record! I can't wait to finish it. And I can't wait to get back on the road on March 9 & 10- I will be playing in Alaska! And PLEASE, if you live in area where these spiders are, do some research and learn how to protect yourself! I know this is not common at all, but better safe than sorry! Love you all! Xo Meg
Over the past few months, Meghan’s scar has begun to fade with the help of Stratamed, a gel dressing used on wounds. Her makeup routine has also changed since the incident. She shared, "I’m one of those people that just throws it on and goes, but now I have to put three or more layers on this one area of my face. It’s kind of a pain at this point but, after going through everything I went through, I’m just glad to be alive.”