“X Factor” judge Melanie Brown's husband Stephen Belafonte spoke out on the rumors that their seven-year marriage is on the rocks, following insinuations that he physically abused her.
The Sun reported earlier this week that the former Spice Girl walked out on Belafonte, and that friends are urging her to end the relationship.
In an interview with MailOnline.com on Thursday, however, Belafonte claimed to have not known that there was any news coverage on the couple separating.
"Really, I didn't know that," he said, and then added. "Listen I had no idea, I didn't know... I'm not disputing it, I didn't know, I had no idea."
Belafonte, who is currently in San Diego, also continued to deny he harmed his wife, telling MailOnline on Thursday, "No one has accused me of anything. Who accused me of it? Did she accuse me of it? The police? The hospital? Who accused me of it? I thought when you beat someone up the police or the hospital or the person you beat up says it."
He continued, "You'll see all the legal letters going out tomorrow. Everybody's been contacted by Mel's representative, all the papers, that said, 'I did not hit her, this isn't going on, that's not going on.'"
Brown made headlines when she landed in the hospital (at the time it was believed that she collapsed from a stomach ulcer), and then took the “X Factor” stage with what appeared to be bruises and scratches, as well as a swollen face.
Earlier this week, Belafonte was on Twitter to deny speculation that he had abused his wife. He wrote, “I don't usually respond to Twitter msgs but I will respond to comments of hitting my wife which I think are quite disgusting un true!”
He added, “Mel was very ill a bunch of doctors helped her get better if fans can't just relax B4 being negative they r not real fans of @OfficialMelB.”