Johnny Depp was the king of the Golden Globes with wins for Best Actor and Best Musical or Comedy in "Sweeney Todd." Angelina Jolie, a favorite for "A Mighty Heart," lost out to legendary actress Julie Christie for Best Actress.
Keira Knightley's WWII drama "Atonement" took Best Picture honors, beating out "No Country For Old Men" and "The Great Debaters."
George Clooney lost out to Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will Be Blood," while newcomer Ellen Page as "Juno" lost out to Marion Cotillard for "La Vie En Rose."
The complete list of winners:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy: JOHNNY DEPP, "SWEENEY TODD"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: JULIE CHRISTIE, "AWAY FROM HER"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: DANIEL DAY-LEWIS, "THERE WILL BE BLOOD"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: CATE BLANCHETT
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: JAVIER BARDEM
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: MARION COTILLARD
Best Motion Picture - Drama: "ATONEMENT"
Best Screenplay: ETHAN AND JOEL COHEN, "NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN"
Best Director - Motion Picture: JULIAN SCHNABEL, "THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY"
Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy: TINA FEY, "30 ROCK"
Best Animated Film: RATATOUILLE
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: GLENN CLOSE, "DAMAGES"
TV Comedy Series Actor: DAVID DUCHOVNY, "CALIFORNICATION"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: JEREMY PIVEN, "ENTOURAGE"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: SAMANTHA MORTON, "LONGFORD"
Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: QUEEN LATIFAH, "LIFE SUPPORT"
Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: "LONGFORD"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: JIM BROADBENT, "LONGFORD"
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: JOHN HAMM, "MAD MEN"
Best Original Song - Motion Picture: "GUARANTEED;" "INTO THE WILD"
Best Foreign Language Film: "THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY"
TV Drama Series: "MAD MEN"
TV Comedy Series: "EXTRAS"
THE COMPLETE LIST OF NOMINEES:
Best Motion Picture Drama
* American Gangster
* WINNER Atonement
* Eastern Promises
* The Great Debaters
* Michael Clayton
* No Country for Old Men
* There Will Be Blood
Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical
* Across the Universe
* Charlie Wilson's War
* WINNER Sweeney Todd
Best Actress in a Movie Drama
* Cate Blanchett, Elizabeth: The Golden Age
* WINNER Julie Christie, Away From Her
* Jodie Foster, The Brave One
* Angelina Jolie, A Mighty Heart
* Keira Knightley, Atonement
Best Actor in a Movie Drama
* George Clooney, Michael Clayton
* WINNER Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
* James McAvoy, Atonement
* Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises
* Denzel Washington, American Gangster
Best Actress in a Movie Comedy or Musical
* Amy Adams, Enchanted
* Nikki Blonsky, Hairspray
* Helena Bonham Carter, Sweeney Todd
* WINNER Marion Cotillard, La Vie En Rose
* Ellen Page, Juno
Best Actor in a Movie Comedy or Musical
* WINNER Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd
* Ryan Gosling, Lars and the Real Girl
* Tom Hanks, Charlie Wilson's War
* Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Savages
* John C. Reilly, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Best Supporting Actress
* WINNER Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There
* Julia Roberts, Charlie Wilson's War
* Saoirse Ronan, Atonement
* Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
* Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
Best Supporting Actor
* Casey Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
* WINNER Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
* Philip Seymour Hoffman, Charlie Wilson's War
* John Travolta, Hairspray
* Tom Wilkinson, Michael Clayton
* Tim Burton, Sweeney Todd
* Ethan Cohen and Joel Cohen, No Country for Old Men
* WINNER Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
* Ridley Scott, American Gangster
* Joe Wright, Atonement
Best Animated Film
* Bee Movie
* WINNER Ratatouille
* The Simpsons Movie
Best Foreign Language Film
* 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (Romania)
* WINNER The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (France and U.S.)
* The Kite Runner (U.S.)
* Lust, Caution (Taiwan)
TV Drama Series
* Big Love
* Grey's Anatomy
* WINNER Mad Men
* The Tudors
TV Drama Series Actress
* Patricia Arquette, Medium
* WINNER Glenn Close, Damages
* Minnie Driver, The Riches
* Edie Falco, The Sopranos
* Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters
* Holly Hunter, Saving Grace
* Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
TV Drama Series Actor
* Michael C. Hall, Dexter
* WINNER Jon Hamm, Mad Men
* Hugh Laurie, House
* Jonathan Rhys Meyers, The Tudors
* Bill Paxton, Big Love
TV Comedy Series
* 30 Rock
* WINNER Extras
* Pushing Daisies
TV Comedy Series Actress
* Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?
* America Ferrera, Ugly Betty
* WINNER Tina Fey, 30 Rock
* Anna Friel, Pushing Daisies
* Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds
TV Comedy Series Actor
* Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
* Steve Carell, The Office
* WINNER David Duchovny, Californication
* Ricky Gervais, Extras
* Lee Pace, Pushing Daisies