Celebrity News

'This Is Crazy': Vanilla Ice Among Passengers Quarantined After Mystery Illness Reported on Plane

'This Is Crazy': Vanilla Ice Among Passengers Quarantined After Mystery Illness Reported on Plane

News broke on Wednesday that an Emirates flight was quarantined at JFK Airport, and it turns out Vanilla Ice was among those onboard.

Initial reports claimed 100 passengers had fallen ill during the flight from Dubai to NYC, but the airline later told People that only about 10 individuals were affected.

Vanilla Ice shared his experience in a series of tweets, writing, “So I just landed in New York coming back from Dubai and now I’m stuck on the runway with like 1000 police, ambulances, fire trucks, this is crazy.”

He continued, “This is crazy. Apparently there is over 100 people sick on the bottom floor, so happy I’m up top, it’s a double-decker plane 380.”

Vanilla Ice also shared a video taken from inside the plane. Watch it here.

The rapper later told The Blast, “I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. During the flight there was a situation, they told us we would be in the middle of the runway after a 15-hour flight. They said there are some passengers that are ill so we are going to go out on the runway and hang out.”

He added, “They sealed off the two floors and eventually removed first class at a separate entrance.”

The “Ice Ice Baby” singer told the site he was tired, but feeling fine.

Emirates confirmed to People that the Centers for Disease Control staff and Port Authority officials from New York and New Jersey were on the scene when the plane arrived. The airline said three passengers and seven crew members were taken to a hospital.

A CDC rep told the magazine that they received reports of a plane with “passengers, including crew members, complaining of illness including cough, fever, and symptoms of gastrointestinal illness.”

The rep added, “CDC public health officers . . . completed health evaluations (including taking temperatures) of all 549 passengers and crew members on board” and that 11 people (one more than reported by the airline) were taken to the hospital.

The rest of the passengers were reportedly released.