Prince William is breaking barriers with his first statement about brother Prince Harry’s romance with Meghan Markle.
Last month, Harry admitted he feared for Meghan’s life after news broke about their romance. He said in a statement, released by the Palace, “It is not right that a few months into a relationship with him that Ms. Markle should be subjected to such a storm. He knows commentators will say this is ‘the price she has to pay’ and that ‘this is all part of the game.’ He strongly disagrees. This is not a game — it is her life and his.”
Though the royals usually never comment on the private lives of the family, William did just that after rumors swirled that he did not support Harry’s decision to confirm his romance with Meghan. A Kensington Palace spokesperson said, "The Duke of Cambridge absolutely understands the situation concerning privacy and supports the need for Prince Harry to support those closest to him.”
Another source told the Telegraph, "They don't issue statements like that without talking to each other, and they talked about the Meghan Markle statement extensively in advance of it being put out. The Duke was as alarmed as anyone about what was happening with Meghan. No-one wanted to have to put that statement out, including Prince Harry, and there was concern about confirming the relationship. But over the course of one weekend things escalated to the extent that Prince Harry felt he had to act.”
Harry recently introduced William to Meghan. A insider told Us Weekly, "William met Meghan. They got on fabulously. I'm sure Harry had been looking forward to introducing his girlfriend.”
Though Harry is touring the Caribbean until December 4, he is reportedly planning to take Meghan on a romantic vacation once he is back. Another source revealed, "It will be a one-week trip. There are just a few details left to finalize.”