Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans' death has been ruled accidental -- caused by a prescription painkiller.
Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said an autopsy, toxicology and microscopic samples showed the 52-year-old died from toxic levels of hydromorphone. The drug is used to treat chronic pain, which Gans suffered from, Murphy said.
Murphy said Gans also had heart disease caused by high blood pressure, and suffered from polycythemia, a condition resulting in too many red blood cells.
Gans was found dead in bed at his home in Henderson, Nevada early May 1. The singer-actor-impressionist spent more than a decade working his way to top billing at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas.