Celebrity News

New Details on Prince’s Death — What His Toxicology Report Reveals

New Details on Prince’s Death — What His Toxicology Report Reveals
Getty

Nearly two years after his death, Prince’s toxicology report has finally been released.

While his cause of death was listed as a fentanyl overdose, how much of the drug did he have in his system? According to the toxicology report, obtained by the Associated Press, the 57-year-old had an “exceedingly high” concentration of fentanyl in his body at the time of his death.

Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, argued in the report, “The amount in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches.”

The report listed the concentration of fentanyl in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter, pointing out that people have died from as little as 3 micrograms per liter to as high as 58.

According to the toxicology results, he also had a concentration of 450 micrograms per kilogram of the drug in his liver. Levels above 69 micrograms “seem to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases.”

Fentanyl was also found in his stomach, which could mean that he took it orally.

Comments