On Wednesday night, “Dancing with the Stars” co-host Erin Andrews made her first public appearance since winning her peeping-Tom lawsuit earlier this month.
In the interview with Jimmy Kimmel, he jokingly asked Andrews for a $1 million since she was awarded $55 million for a nude video of herself, which was recorded illegally and released on the web. She played coy and said she hadn’t signed a new contract with “DWTS" yet. Watch!
When Kimmel congratulated her on winning the trial, the 37-year-old responded, "This is kind of my come-out-of-hiding. Why would I not want to be here?”
Erin also acknowledged her supporters on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” saying, "I want to thank everybody. There were so many people that actually reached out all over the world, really, were so supportive. Mean tweets — they're just a dime a dozen... but there were so many nice people that have reached out.”
Though Andrews was rewarded $55 million, it is unlikely she will see the whole lump sum, since Michael Barrett, the man who filmed her, is responsible for paying half of the damages. Legal analyst Michael McCann recently told People, "We don't know what his finances are, but it's a reasonable assumption that he has very little money given that he was in prison and it doesn't appear he has preserved any professional career."