Celebrity chef Damaris Phillips partnered with PopSugar to show us how to get healthy with Weight Watchers’ new Freestyle Program.
“Extra’s” Mario Lopez caught up with Phillips at Universal Studios Hollywood to learn more about healthy eating and cook up some delicious 30-Minute Popcorn Chicken Chili. Scroll down for the recipe!
To learn more, visit WeightWatchers.com.
30-Minute Popcorn Chicken Chili – only 2 Points per serving!
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (6 points)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 celery stalks, cut into medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into medium dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (3 points)
- 4 cups store bought chicken stock, warmed
- 1 cup fire roasted frozen corn
- Two 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans
- 1 14-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne, depending on how much spice you like
- 1 pound grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, large diced
- Non-fat unsweetened yogurt, for garnish
- green onions, for garnish
- 3 cups light white cheddar popcorn, to garnish (optional)
Directions: Add the oil to a large Dutch oven and heat over medium heat. When hot, add the celery, onions and bell peppers and saute until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the flour, stir to coat the vegetables and cook until the flour starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the warm chicken stock stirring until combined. Add the corn, beans, tomatoes, garlic powder, cumin, and bring to a simmer, cooking until the mixture starts to thicken, 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the diced chicken and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes to warm through. Serve garnished with yogurt, green onions and 1/2 cup popcorn.
- 12 total points
- 6 servings
- 2 points per serving
- Serving size: 2 cups of chili + 1/2 cup popcorn
- 9 total points
- 6 servings
- 1.5 points per serving
- Serving size: 2 cups of chili