Jay Leno wants to clear the air about recent rumors that his show getting the boot.
Leno, 59, took to his show's monologue to say he first heard the rumor on the radio. "So far nobody's said anything to me," he said.
"You know if we did get canceled, it would give us some time to do some traveling. I understand that FOX is beautiful this time of year," the host joked.
"The Jay Leno Show" has been on the air for less than four months and received a negative response from critics.
The comedian continued, "I don't think there's any truth to the rumor. See it's all been my experience that NBC only cancels you when you are in first place. So we're fine."
On Thursday, NBC released a statement in response to reports that Leno's show would be pushed back to 11:30 PM and "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" would start at midnight.
The network said, "We have the best comedy team in the business. We remain committed to keeping Conan O'Brien on NBC. He is a valued part of our late-night line-up, as he has been for more than 16 years and is one of the most respected entertainers on television."