Bethenny Frankel Hospitalized in ICU After Almost Dying
“The Real Housewives of New York City” star Bethenny Frankel nearly died over the weekend.
On Monday, Frankel tweeted, “I have [a] rare fish allergy. Sun, I had soup, itched & was unconscious for 15 mins then [taken] to ER & ICU for 2 days w BP of 60/40.”
She added, “I couldn't talk, see, thought I had a stroke & [was] dying & told if 5 mins later I'd be dead. 911 & EPI saved me. I'll never not carry an #epipen.”
When a fan noted her boyfriend's role during the incident, Bethenny noted that “he saved my life.” Frankel has been linked to Paul Bernon, who lives in Boston.
Along with showing her appreciation for Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Newton, Massachusetts, Frankel tweeted, “I am so grateful.”
Of the health scare, a source told People magazine, “It was that serious. Her blood pressure was through the roof and she was unconscious. She went into anaphylactic shock. Her boyfriend saved her life.”
Frankel's struggle with fish allergies has been documented on “The Real Housewives of New York City.” On Season 10, she was forced to excuse herself from lunch after eating soup that, unknown to her, contained fish. She said on the show, “It's the worst feeling. Your throat gets itchy, you feel like you're going to throw up. It's like a poison inside you.”