How Much Will Vanessa Get in Divorce from Kobe Bryant?
After Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce on Friday from Lakers superstar husband Kobe Bryant, the question of just how much she will receive in the settlement remains to be seen.
Kobe, reportedly worth anywhere from $150-300 million, will most likely give up half of his fortune to Vanessa, since the couple married 10 years ago without a prenup. Kobe and Vanessa are seeking joint custody of their daughters, Natalia, 8, and Gianna, 5.
In a new report from TMZ, Vanessa, 29, found out about her husband's alleged cheating ways from fellow basketball wives of the NBA. The wives share information about their athlete husbands -- and Vanessa isn't the first basketball wife to bounce. Here are three recent NBA breakups:
1. Eva Longoria divorced San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker last year after learning that he was reportedly cheating on her with a teammate's wife.
2. Former Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal and ex-wife Shaunie reached a settlement in 2010. Shaq famously blamed Kobe for his split, rhyming in his rap song, "I'm a horse, Kobe ratted me out, that's why I'm getting divorced."
3. Kim Kardashian divorced New Jersey Nets star Kris Humphries, although there were no reports of infidelity. Still, the marriage lasted just 72 days.
Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Divorce Papers
The 15 Most Expensive Divorces
1. Rupert and Anna Murdoch
In 1999, FOX/News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch divorced his wife, Anna, after 32 years of marriage. The total assets involved: $1.7 billion.
2. Michael and Juanita Jordan
NBA star Michael and Juanita Jordan divorced in 2007 after 17 years of marriage. The total assets involved: $168 million.
3. Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey
Singer Neil Diamond divorced Marcia Murphey in 1994 after 25 years of marriage. The total assets involved: $150 million.
4. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren
Golf champ Tiger Woods and model Elin Nordegren after six years of marriage. Total assets involved: $100 million.
5. Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving
Producer/director Steven Spielberg and actress Amy Irving divorced in 1989 after four years of marriage. Total assets involved: $100 million.
6. Sumner and Phyllis Redstone
Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone and wife Phyllis split in 1999 after 52 years of marriage. Total assets involved: $100 million.
7. Madonna and Guy Ritchie
Actress/singer Madonna and director Guy Ritchie divorced in 2008 after eight years of marriage. Total assets involved: Between $76 to $92 million.
8. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison
Actor Harrison Ford divorced screenwriter Melissa Mathison in 2004 after 21 years of marriage. Total assets involved: $85 million.
9. Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva
Actor/director Kevin Costner divorced his college sweetheart Cindy Silva in 1994 after 16 years of marriage. Total assets involved: $80 million.
10. James Cameron and Linda Hamilton
Director James Cameron divorced his second wife, actress Linda Hamilton, in 1999 after only 17 months of marriage. Still, the total assets to divide between them was $50 million.
11. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
Beatles legend Paul McCartney and second wife, Heather Mills, engaged in a nasty divorce in 2008 after six years of marriage. Total assets involved: $48.5 million.
12. Michael and Diandra Douglas
Actor Michael Douglas split with his first wife, Diandra, in 1999 after 22 years of marriage. Total assets involved: $45 million.
13. Donald and Ivana Trump
Real estate mogul Donald Trump divorced his first wife, Ivana, in 1992 after 15 years of marriage. Total assets involved: $25 million.
14. Lionel and Diane Richie
Singer Lionel and Diane Richie divorced in 2004 after nine years of marriage. Total assets involved: $20 million.
15. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and model Jerry Hall divorced in 1999 after nine years of marriage. Total assets involved: $15 and $25 million.