Friday morning, the Season 26 cast of “Dancing with the Stars” was announced at Planet Hollywood in Times Square!
All the stars competing will be well-known athletes, including Adam Rippon, Mirai Nagasu, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Rippon recently expressed interest in appearing on “DWTS.” He told People magazine last month, “If the opportunity came up, I would love to do it.” He added, “I’ve never danced with a partner before, so that would definitely be something challenging.”
After weeks of rumors, it was confirmed that Tonya Harding will also be competing. A source shared with the publication, “Tonya gets ratings. God knows, she gets ratings.”
As expected, "The Bachelor" star Arie Luyendyk Jr. is not taking part this season. He told "Extra" in March, "No, I think I made it pretty clear that I’m not going to do ‘Dancing with the Stars.’”
See the full list below!
- Adam Rippon (Olympic figure skater) with Jenna Johnson
- Arike Ogunbowale (women’s basketball player) with Gleb Savchenko
- Chris Mazdzer (Olympic luger) with Witney Carson
- Jamie Anderson (professional snowboarder) with Artem Chigvintsev
- Jennie Finch Daigle (Olympic softball player) with Keo Motsepe
- Johnny Damon (former MLB star) with Emma Slater
- Josh Norman (NFL star) with Sharna Burgess
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (former NBA star) with Lindsay Arnold
- Mirai Nagasu (Olympic figure skater) with Alan Bersten
- Tonya Harding (former Olympic figure skater) with Sasha Farber
The new season premieres April 30 on ABC.