Celebrity News

Revealed: What May Have Caused Prince’s Fentanyl Overdose

Revealed: What May Have Caused Prince’s Fentanyl Overdose
Getty

Though legendary singer Prince died nearly four months ago, the investigation into his death is still ongoing.

In June, it was revealed that Prince died from an accidental fentanyl overdose with diazepam, lidocaine, and hydrocodone in his body. The Associated Press reports that nearly a dozen pills in one Aleve bottle were labeled incorrectly as “Watson 385,” a stamp to identify pills that contain a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. At least one of the pills, however, tested positive for fentanyl, lidocaine, and U-4770, according to one of the officials on the investigation.

The official, who wanted to remain anonymous, pointed out that the 57-year-old had no prescription for any controlled substances in Minnesota in the past year before his death.

It is still unknown how Prince obtained fentanyl, which is 50 times stronger than heroin.

Other pills found at Prince’s Paisley Park include oxycodone, codeine, aspirin, and vitamin C. In one aspirin bottle, there were more than 60 counterfeit tablets.

Comments