‘Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro’s Hand Impaled in ‘Terrible Accident’
Buddy Valastro was involved in a terrible accident over the weekend.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
The “Cake Boss” and his family were bowling in their at-home bowling alley when a mechanical error occurred.
His rep told "Extra," "There was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, a common fix in the past, but [it] turned into a terrible accident.”
They added, "After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit. Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2" metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger."
His sons, Buddy Jr., 16, and Marco, 13, came to his rescue, using a reciprocating saw "to cut through the metal rod and relieve his father from the machine."
Valastro has already undergone two surgeries. His rep said, "It will be an uphill battle as it's Buddy's dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy.”
Buddy posted a short video on Instagram to update fans on his condition. Watch!
He also shared a photo of himself in the hospital on Instagram with the message, “I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago... 😔 What do you think of my new accessory? #recoveryjourney #positivevibes #ironfist #cakeboss #buddyvalastro."
His “Buddy vs. Duff” co-star Duff Goldman replied, "Get better homie," adding, "You're gonna need that hand 😉."
Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse wrote, “Get better quick my friend.”
Buddy also showed his appreciation for the love and support on his Instagram Story. He said, "I had a really bad accident at my house the other day with my hand... I just want to thank you guys for the love and support and we're going to get through this together."