Celebrity News September 14, 2020
Colton Underwood Reportedly Shocked by Cassie Randolph’s Restraining Order Request
On Friday, Cassie Randolph filed a restraining order against Colton Underwood in Los Angeles.
In legal documents obtained by "Extra," Randolph cited domestic violence prevention as the reason behind the filing.
Cassie accuses Colton of stalking and harassment, claiming that he tracked her whereabouts by taping a tracking device to the bottom of her back bumper.
The papers also mention Colton showing up uninvited to her apartment in Los Angeles and her parents' Huntington Beach home. Cassie accuses Colton of taking walks to her apartment complex and loitering outside of her bedroom window at her parents' home in the wee hours of the morning.
As for her argument on harassment, Randolph claims that Colton sent her unsettling text messages, including accusations that she was hanging out with her ex-boyfriend. She also accuses him of sending anonymous text messages to her and to himself, pretending to be a victim of a stalker.
Cassie claims that Colton eventually admitted to planting the car tracking device and sending the anonymous text messages.It is unclear if a judge has approved the order.
A source told Us Weekly that Colton and Cassie haven't spoken “in a month,” adding, “He's been in Colorado and this was all a surprise. He was completely blindsided.”
Cassie and Colton called it quits in May after two years of dating.
The insider shared, “Colton was absolutely in love with Cassie. It was clear she did not feel the same way about him, which of course, upset him. It was really hard for him. She literally broke up with him as soon as he was healthy enough to move out.”
Since their breakup, Colton and Cassie have slammed each other on how each has handled the split. During the summer, Randolph discussed the breakup on “The Bachelor: Greatest Seasons — Ever,” saying, “It's a sensitive subject because I feel like we're still kinda going through it, and it's still pretty emotional for both of us. We haven't really talked about it publicly yet and I don't know if either of us is ready, but I will say it's been really hard.”
In a lengthy Instagram post, Colton expressed his disapproval of Cassie publicly commenting on the split. He said, “When our relationship ended we agreed to handle things as privately as possible as we attempted to navigate our new relationship as friends. I chose to do that since we were living in this interim period, but obviously a lot changed this week.”
Randolph went on to accuse Underwood of monetizing their relationship by writing an extra chapter on their relationship for his memoir "The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV." She said in an Instagram Story, “On Monday evening, you informed me you intend to monetize our breakup by writing a new chapter to discuss your experience with COVID (where you stayed in my family's house during your recovery and about our breakup). You have also refused to give me any sort of approval on the chapter you will be writing, which will heavily feature me … This seems a bit unfair to me. Colton, you can do what you want, but please do not have a double standard.”
His rep denied her allegations, telling Us Weekly, “Her accusations are simply not true.”
Earlier this year, Colton was quarantined with Cassie and her family, who were caring for him while he battled coronavirus. He told “Extra's” Billy Bush, “I don't know how, but the entire family is completely symptom-free. Per the CDC and per all the health rules and regulations, we tried to follow all their guidelines as close as possible — and I think that's what saved them from having it.”
“Extra” has reached out to Cassie and Colton. While we haven't heard back from Cassie, Colton's rep said, “We can't comment at this time as it is a legal matter.”