Princess Beatrice, 31, will not be walking down the aisle on May 29 after all.
The royal and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 37, have canceled their wedding due to the coronavirus outbreak. The announcement comes on the heels of an extension of the U.K. lockdown for another three weeks.
The nuptials were to take place at St. James’s Palace in London, followed by a reception at Queen Elizabeth’s gardens at Buckingham Palace.
A spokesperson told People, “There are no plans to switch venues or hold a bigger wedding. They aren’t even thinking about their wedding at this time. There will come a time to rearrange, but that’s not yet.”
The magazine reports that invitations were never mailed out over concerns stemming from the pandemic.
This is the couple’s third time postponing their wedding, including previously moving the date due to her father Prince Andrew’s Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo, a property tycoon, got engaged in September 2019.
Buckingham Palace announced the news on Twitter, writing, “The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Beatrice to Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.”
In a separate statement, Edoardo and Beatrice said, “We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement. We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can’t wait to be married. We share so many similar interests and values and we know that this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness.”
The pair, who have known each other for years, started dating in fall 2018.
Princess Beatrice is the daughter of Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, and is the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II.
Mozzi was previously engaged to Dara Huang. They have a 4-year-old son together named Christopher.