Reality Star Troy Shafer’s Cause of Death Revealed
Troy Shafer unexpectedly passed away in late April, and now the 38-year-old's cause of death has been revealed.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
RadarOnline.com has learned the “Nashville Flipped” star died from an accidental overdose. The site is exclusively reporting that the Eerie County Coroner lists Shafer's death as accidental “due to combined drug toxicity.” The drugs involved are unknown.
Last month, Troy's brother Tim told TMZ that Shafer died in his sleep at his Pennsylvania home in late April, with no known medical conditions, leaving the family shocked.
Coroner Lyell Cook had suspected drugs from the beginning. Weeks ago, he told Radar, "Given the situation, we strongly suspect drugs were involved and a factor in his death."
Shafer, who graduated from Penn State University, was known for renovating and restoring historic homes in Nashville with his wife Becky. Before he rose to fame as a reality star, he had dreams of becoming a country singer.
He completed two seasons of "Nashville Flipped" and starred on two episodes of "Restoring Nashville" that aired last year.