Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal baby should be arriving any day now!
Earlier this week, it was announced that Prince Harry would be visiting the Netherlands next week for two days, but now it has been cut to one day.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the pair told People magazine, “Due to the logistical planning for the traveling press to cover visits and engagements by The Royal Family, we have taken the decision to postpone The Duke of Sussex’s scheduled visit to Amsterdam on Wednesday 8th May 2019. The Duke is currently scheduled to travel to The Hague on Thursday 9th May for the launch of the Invictus Games The Hague 2020 as planned.”
What was the reason for the change? According to royal sources, other members of the royal family also have engagements next week, including Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Charles and Camilla Bowles, so it would be difficult for the media to do full coverage of everything.
On Thursday, Buckingham Palace shut down rumors that Meghan has given birth, telling E! News, “The baby hasn't been born yet.”
Rumors were swirling that Meghan already gave birth when multiple outlets reported that Queen Elizabeth II visited the couple at their new home at Frogmore Cottage after Easter church services.
Leading up to the baby’s arrival, Harry has shown no signs of slowing down, attending public engagements including the Anzac Day Service of Commemoration, Thanksgiving, and the Virgin London Marathon.
It has been reported that Meghan will take three months of maternity leave after the baby is born. A source told The Sun, “She’s penciled in three months, but she’ll most likely return to public life in six weeks on the Queen’s official birthday, Trooping the Colour, in June.”
The insider continued, “Meghan has made it very clear she wants to return to work as soon as possible. She has huge amounts of energy, is extremely determined and wants to be as hands-on as possible with her charities.”
Earlier this month, the couple recently announced their private birth plan. Buckingham Palace released a statement on behalf of the couple, saying, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby. Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”
Meghan and Harry are breaking tradition, since they won’t be posing with the newborn baby outside the hospital, like Prince William and Kate Middleton did with their three children, and as Harry’s late mother Princess Diana also did.