Bobbi Kristina’s Friend Max Lomas Dead of Apparent Overdose
Bobbi Kristina Brown's close friend Max Lomas, who found her unresponsive in a bathtub, has died of a suspected drug overdose.
TMZ reports Lomas was at a friend's house Wednesday when he was found unresponsive in a bathroom. A law enforcement source revealed that a syringe was found near his body.
The 29-year-old was immediately taken to a hospital, where he passed away.
In 2016, Max opened up about his close relationship with Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon, telling People, “We were all pretty bad into drugs.”
Two weeks before Lomas found Bobbi Kristina unresponsive in July 2015, he revealed they were trying to kick the drug habit. “We all decided that we were going to get off drugs, live healthier lifestyles. We all went to the gym together. But it didn't work out. We started using again.”
Before Gordon came into the picture, Lomas and Brown were dating, but they ended things when he went to jail on a probation violation. Lomas claimed “[Whitney] loved that we were dating and always wanted me to protect Krissy.”