Celebrity News

What May Have Led to Heather Locklear’s Arrest

What May Have Led to Heather Locklear’s Arrest

Actress Heather Locklear was reportedly in “a very dark place” before she was arrested for domestic violence and battery on a police officer on Sunday.

Over the weekend, Locklear and boyfriend Chris Heisser allegedly got into a physical altercation at her Thousand Oaks home. When police arrived, they say they encountered a physically aggressive Locklear, who was then arrested and taken to the hospital for evaluation. Ventura County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Capt. Garo Kuredjian told Us Weekly, “During the officers' investigation Locklear was uncooperative and agitated, she was not only verbally uncooperative, but physically abusive to officers. She attacked three of our deputies and was arrested; there was also evidence that she had battered her boyfriend.”

A source told the publication, “Her family, led by daughter Ava, has tried to get Heather to go to rehab for an extended period of time for help. Heather refuses… she will stop drinking for a while, but will relapse.”

Heather Locklear and daughter Ava

“It’s truly a very sad situation,” the source elaborated. “No one can reach Heather, not her brother, Ava, or ex-husband, Richie Sambora, whom has remained close to her. Heather feels that Hollywood has forgotten her and she hasn’t been offered any roles in a very long time.”

Heather has reportedly been struggling with depression, anxiety and substance abuse for years. A pal told People magazine, “She has to be ready to fix it herself. She knows help is available, she’s sought it out before, but you can’t force anybody to get help.”

In 2008, Locklear underwent four weeks of treatment for psychological issues at a facility in Arizona. At the time, a rep said in a statement, “Heather has been dealing with anxiety and depression. She requested an in-depth evaluation of her medication and entered into a medical facility for proper diagnosis and treatment. This is a confidential medical matter and no further statement will be released.”