Health Update! Simon Cowell Reveals What Caused Him to Faint
“America's Got Talent” judge Simon Cowell is on the road to recovery after his scary fall last week.
As for why he passed out while going down the stairs at his London home, Cowell told The Sun, “They think I fainted because I had low blood pressure and so I have got to really take good care of myself to sort that out. After all I am a dad and have more responsibility than ever.”
Cowell reflected on the terrifying moment, saying, “I'd gone to get some hot milk because I felt ropey. On the way back upstairs, I just remember feeling really dizzy. Next thing I know someone was putting a neck brace on me and I had a terrible headache, which must have been from me hitting the stairs. I was worried at first that I'd done some real damage.”
The incident gave Simon a new perspective on life, commenting, “Sometimes we get a reminder that we're not invincible and this was certainly mine. It was a huge shock.”
“I'm on the mend now. I know I was very lucky I didn't hurt myself seriously,” Cowell admitted. “It could have been a lot worse. I must say, everyone at the hospital were incredible. I'm truly grateful.”
Hours after he was hospitalized, Cowell was released and was seen flashing a thumbs-up while talking to the cameras on Friday morning.