It is officially confirmed… Ryan Lochte has joined the cast for the 23rd season of “Dancing with the Stars”!
Lochte will be paired with dancer Cheryl Burke, who is returning to the show after a long break. The full lineup was announced on “Good Morning America,” which also interviewed Ryan earlier this morning about his Rio robbery scandal. He said, "I think it’s everyone blowing this way out of proportion. I think that’s what happened. I mean, it’s been dragged out way too long. The media has taken this to a whole new level, and I just want to put this behind me and move on and move forward. I think the rest of the world wants this, too. There’s other, bigger, issues that this world is facing."
Though he admitted to making a “very big mistake,” he went on to say, "I’m never one to dwell on the past. Everyone has got to be sick and tired about hearing about this. I just want to move forward.” Watch!
Ryan isn’t the only Olympian in the competition… Laurie Hernandez is also taking part, pairing up with Val Chmerkovskiy. She gushed, "I'm so excited! I can't wait to do the jive. Val is a mastermind and it's so nice because he seems really patient and like me, open to new things.”
The cast announcement came just days after it was confirmed that Derek and Julianne Hough were returning to the competition.
Check out the full list of contestants for this new season of “Dancing with the Stars”:
- Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke
- Amber Rose and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Rick Perry and Emma Slater
- James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess
- Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds and Allison Holker
- Jake T. Austin and Jenna Johnson
- Maureen McCormick and Artem Chigvintsev
- Marilu Henner and Derek Hough
- Terra Jole and Sasha Farber
- Laurie Hernandez and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko
- Vanilla Ice and Witney Carson
- Calvin Johnson and Lindsay Arnold
“Dancing with the Stars” returns September 12 on ABC.