To mark the premiere of AMC's new zombie thriller “Fear the Walking Dead” on Sunday, “Extra” ranks the ghoulishly great zombie films and TV shows of all time... is your favorite on the list?
10. "Night of the Living Dead" (1968) Why We Love It: “Night of the Living Dead” set the standard for the future of zombies in media. George Romero, the “Godfather of Zombies,” introduced the craze and inspired many followers.
9. "The Crazies" (2010) Who: Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell, Joe Anderson; directed by Breck Eisner
Why We Love It: A town's water supply is accidentally infected with a virus that transforms the thirsty into bloodthirsty killers. “The Crazies” is a modern twist on the '70s cult classic.
8. "Resident Evil" (2002) Who: Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Colin Salmon; directed by Paul W.S. Anderson
Why We Love It: A laboratory accident creates flesh-eating mutants, and a military team must find a way to quarantine the virus. “Resident Evil” is part of a large media franchise that includes novels, comics, movies, and video games.
7. "Warm Bodies" (2013) Who: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, Rob Corddry; directed by Jonathan Levine
Why We Love It: It's not your dad's zombie apocalypse… it's more your mom's. In a Human vs. Zombie world, R falls in love with a human, Julie, and begins to show signs of life. Awww, a zombie with a heart.
6. “World War Z” (2013)
Who: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos and Matthew Fox
Why We Love It: It's a race against time for United Nations employee Gerry Lane, as he tries to find answers and save the world from hoards and hoards of zombies!
5. "Dawn of the Dead" (2004) Who: Mekhi Phifer, Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Jake Weber, Ty Burrell; directed by Zack Synder
Why We Love It: In this worthy remake of the George A. Romero classic, a small group of zombie apocalypse survivors take refuge in a local mall. This might be the first time we see zombies run… fast.
4. "28 Days Later" (2002) Who: Cillian Murphy, Naomie Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Christopher Eccleston; directed by Danny Boyle
Why We Love It: As a science experiment gone wrong, infected chimpanzees transfer a deadly virus to humans that sends its victims into a murderous rage. No one is safe.
3. Shaun of the Dead (2004) Who: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Lucy Davis; directed by Edgar Wright
Why We Love It: In this excellent British spoof, slacker Shaun and his friends try to escape a zombie apocalypse, disguising themselves as the undead… or getting pissed at the pub. Any zombie fan lists this as one of their favs.
2. AMC's The Walking Dead (2010-Present) Who: Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, David Morrissey
Why We Love It: A group of post-zombie apocalyptic survivors stick together to fight off “walkers” in hopes of living to see another day. The combination of action-packed zombie attacks and real human drama makes “The Walking Dead” the one of the most-watched drama series in basic cable history.
1. Zombieland (2009) Who: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin; directed by Ruben Fleischer
Why We Love It: Survivors attempt to find an escape from the crazy zombie world they live in, abiding by a set of strict rules (No. 2: The Double Tap). They also stop at nothing to kick major zombie ass.