5 Instant Age Erasers from Michele Promaulayko’s ‘20 Pounds Younger’
It's no secret that celebrities will stop at nothing to look their best. Hollywood stars often rely on personal chefs, nutritionists and glam squads to ensure they look flawless on and off the red carpet.
Yahoo Health's Editor-in-Chief Michele Promaulayko shared five research-backed tips and tools to instantly erase the years, as seen in her latest book, “20 Pounds Younger.”
1. Eat Greek Yogurt Michele suggests switching from regular fruit yogurt to Greek yogurt with fresh berries, and you'll consume 1.78 times less age-adding refined sugar. Trim more calories by skipping the fruit and choosing plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey to add flavor.
2. Add Rosemary Rosemary is a natural flavor enhancer that can reduce your risk of age-related macular degeneration (most common cause of vision loss in the US).
3. Drink Unsweetened Hemp Milk Hemp is technically a seed, but like actual nuts, hemp milk contains a dose of healthy fats (heart-healthy Omega 3s). It is also a great source of magnesium, iron and potassium.
4. Moisturize with Coconut Oil Organic coconut oil is all natural and boosts hydration in dry skin. Tropical fragrance is an added bonus, but you can purchase odorless coconut oil.
5. Wear Lavender Eyeshadow As we age, our skin gets more sallow and our eyes look more yellow. When your eyes look whiter, the surrounding skin looks brighter too. Dust opalescent lavender shadow over your lids, and pair it with deep-black mascara for best results.
Michele Promaulayko and L.A.-based trainer Amy Kiser also showed “Extra's” Charissa Thompson how to get sexy for summer in three easy steps. You can do these workout routines at home or on the road. Take a look!