There are lots of dos and don'ts when it comes to getting the most out of your spray tan, and beauty guru Lori Crete has you covered!
Here is everything you need to know before getting your glow on this summer:
• Do shower, exfoliate and shave ahead of time.
• Do take care of manicures and pedicures before your tanning appointment. All waxing should be done at least 24 hours in advance.
• Don't wear any moisturizer, deodorant or jewelry to the appointment.
• Do wear dark, loose clothing.
• Don't shower, exercise or moisturize for 24 hours after your tan.
• Don't scrub too hard in the shower, in fact it's better to just use water without soap on your limbs and torso to retain your tan.
• Don't use moisturizer or sunblock until after your first shower… then moisturize frequently!
• Do be mindful of your tan. Water sports like body surfing will take their toll.
Bonus: Crete says organic solutions create a more natural tone, and to ask your spray tan technician what the DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) level is in the solution. She recommends 8% for light skin, 10% for medium and 12% for olive and darker tones.
Lori Crete is a skin care therapist, licensed esthetician and spa owner devoted to helping women from all over the world look and feel beautiful! For more information, visit TheSpa10.com.