Bon Jovi on Daughter's Heroin OD: 'Worst Phone Call Ever'
During a visit to the “Katie” show last week, Jon Bon Jovi opened up about the night his daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, overdosed on heroin in her dorm room, describing it as the “worst call ever.”
The 51-year-old rocker told Katie Couric that the November 2012 incident was a major wake-up call for him as a father.
"She's doing great and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, but in short, that problem is much more prevalent... than I knew… and I cannot get over how many people I've met that have said, 'My son, my daughter,’” said New Jersey’s favorite son. "There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. There's access to things my generation didn't have."
In February, the “Livin’ on a Prayer” singer was feeling blessed that his 19-year-old is okay.
Bon Jovi told "Extra's" AJ Calloway, “There’s no manual that comes with parenting. You surround your kids with love, give them everything you can, you learn, you listen and there were no telltale signs. None of that, but Steph's doing great, no BS… she’s doing great. I’m blessed that she's whole. I’m blessed that she's really back to being the kid I know.”