Hearst Magazines announced that actress/filmmaker Angelina Jolie will conduct her first live online video chat, discussing her writing and directorial film debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
The live 45-minute chat, also the first of its kind for Hearst, is scheduled for Thursday, January 12 at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST. The magazine brands participating in the event are Cosmopolitan, Elle, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, O, The Oprah Magazine, Redbook and Woman's Day.
Fans of the actress are encouraged to visit and RSVP on any participating website to have the opportunity to ask Jolie about the film (nominated for a Golden Globe as Best Foreign Language Film) along with questions about her career.
The Oscar-winning actress said, "This is my first online chat and I'm thrilled that Hearst is broadcasting this across so many of its websites to reach such a diverse audience as the film expands into more theaters."
While an unlimited number of people can participate in the live online chat, viewers must have a Facebook account in order to join the conversation and take part in the experience. Here are the instructions:
1. Log on to one of the participating Hearst sites:www.cosmopolitan.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.elle.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.esquire.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.goodhousekeeping.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.harpersbazaar.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.marieclaire.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.oprah.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.redbookmag.com/angelina-jolie-chatwww.womansday.com/angelina-jolie-chat
2. The user will see an event banner, video field (where the chat will play), and a Facebook chat field.
3. To begin streaming the live event, press the "play" arrow located in the center of the video field on the day of the live event.
4. Then, log in to the Facebook chat by clicking the green "Log in" button.
5. The user will then be asked to enter a Facebook username and password.
6. The user is now logged into the chat and ready to submit comments and questions.
7. Users will have the option to publish the questions submitted through their Facebook feed.