Something good is cooking in the "Extra" kitchen! Check out this yummy recipe, courtesy of Fresco by Sotto.
- œ cup extra-virgin olive oil - 1 pound mild sausage - œ pound hot Italian sausage - 6 thinly sliced pork chops (about 3 pounds) - 2 cups dry red wine - 2 tablespoons chopped garlic - 2 onions, diced - 1 cup diced pancetta - 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper - 1 gallon canned Italian plum tomatoes, undrained - 2 cups chopped fresh basil - 2 pounds cooked meatballs (see recipe) - 2 pounds uncooked rigatoni pasta
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and sauté the sausages and pork chops until brown, about 10 minutes. Don't worry if the meat is not cooked through because it will finish in the sauce. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Keep pan over medium heat. Deglaze the pan by adding 1 cup of the wine and scraping up the bits.
2. In the same pot, add the garlic, onions, pancetta, and crushed pepper and cook until the onions and garlic are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup of red wine and cook until the mixture is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour over low heat.
3. Add the basil, sausages, pork chops, and meatballs to the tomato sauce, and simmer for 1 more hour over low heat.
4. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta, toss it with the Sunday Sauce, and serve immediately.
Total cooking time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Click Here for more delicious recipes from Fresco by Sotto!