The newly single Madonna and her ex Guy have issued a joint statement saying that the statement released regarding their divorce was "misleading and inaccurate." Dough!
Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, told AP on Monday that the singer had given the "RocknRolla" director between 50 and 60 million pounds ($76-92 million) as a settlement in their divorce. Now, Madge and Guy are both refuting the cash count.
"We have tried to maintain a dignified silence regarding the details of our divorce for the last few months whilst accepting the obvious media interest," the ex couple told Reuters in a joint statement. "A misleading and inaccurate statement, specifically in relation to the sums of money involved, was wrongly issued to AP this week."
The statement continues, "The financial details of the settlement will remain private, save to say that both of us are happy with our agreement. Our primary concern, like any co-parents, is the care and well being of our children."
Rosenberg told AP earlier this week that the custody arrangements have yet to be worked out between the couple. Madonna and Guy have two sons -- Rocco, 8, and David, 3. Madge also has a 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes, from her relationship with trainer Carlos Leon.