Eva Longoria knows food -- not only has she opened her own restaurant, Beso, but she's teaming with celebrity chef Todd English to create a mouthwatering dish; the Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak with Fattoush Salad! For your culinary enjoyment, here's the recipe!
*Marinate Skirt Steak overnight (see skirt steak marinade recipe)
1. Fry tortilla strips. Season with salt. Set aside
2. Place steak on the grill. Dip the steak once marked in the Beso BBQ (see beso bbq recipe). Let the steak rest before slicing.
3. Assemble the fattoush salad in a mixing bowl
2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 cup shallots, sliced in rings 1/8 inch thick
1/2 cup grilled corn, cut of the cobb
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of sumac
crispy tortilla strips
4. Garnish the place with avocado crema (see avocado recipe) and chimichurri (see chimichurri recipe)
5. Place the fattoush salad in a line across from the avocado crema and chimichurri.
6. slice the skirt steak against the grain and drape on top of the fattoush. Garnish the steak with cilantro sprigs and sea salt.
Skirt Steak Marinade
4 cans of whole peeled tomatoes
8 cloves of garlic
1 bunches of parsley
1 bunch of cilantro
½ cup of brown sugar
3 whole shallots
2 whole jalapenos
1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce
½ cup of balsamic vinegar
1. Using a blender put all ingredients ina dn puree till smooth
2. Season with salt and pepper
8 avocado, cut in halve and skin & seed removed
1 ½ cup of sour cream
1 tablespoon toasted ground cumin
1 tablespoon toasted ground coriander
¼ cup of lime juice
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1 cup parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place all ingredients and a blender and puree till smooth.
Click here for more recipes!