“Extra’s Colossal Adventure Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING ARE DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The entry period for the “Extra’s Colossal Adventure Sweepstakes” ("Sweepstakes"), sponsored by Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution (“Sponsor”), begins Monday, April 11, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PT”) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on Friday, April 22, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will serve as the official time piece for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who meet the following criteria: (a) are twenty-one (21) years of age or older prior to June 22, 2016 and (b) are a legal resident of and physically residing in one of the contiguous 48 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, United States territories, possessions, and protectorates, foreign based United States military installations and wherever restricted or prohibited by law) (“Entrant”). Entrants for any Local Grand Prize (as defined below) are not eligible for the National Grand Prize (as defined below). Entrants for the National Grand Prize are not eligible for any Local Grand Prize.
SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL DURING THE VIP PREVIEW EVENT PERIOD OF JUNE 22, 2016 – JUNE 25, 2016 OR SUCH OTHER DATES AS DETERMINED AT PRIZE PROVIDER’S SOLE DISCRETION (“Travel Period”). If any Sweepstakes winner is not able to travel to Orlando, FL during the Travel Period, THAT WINNER WILL BE DECLARED INELIGIBLE TO WIN ANY PRIZE AND SPONSOR SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, TO SELECT ANOTHER ENTRANT AS A SWEEPSTAKES WINNER.
Neither Sponsor nor employees of Sponsor, “EXTRA”, Time Warner, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Telepictures Productions Inc., Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando® Resort (“Prize Provider”), and all of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, trustees, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives and agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities”) are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or win a Prize (as defined below). Additionally, immediate family members of such employees and persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to win. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” is defined as spouse, domestic partner, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, children, siblings and their spouses.
By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and cannot be challenged or appealed.
HOW TO ENTER: Online entry is the only method of entry for the Sweepstakes.
Entries received before and/or after the Sweepstakes Period will be void. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
You may enter the Sweepstakes only one (1) time per day during the Sweepstakes Period. In order to enter:
- Watch “EXTRA” (the “Show”) between Monday, April 11, 2016 and Friday, April 22, 2016 (check your local listing for time of broadcast). During the episode of the Show an entry word will appear on screen (“Word of the Day”).
- Go to Sweepstakes entry page at www.extratv.com (“Entry Page”).
- Provide the following information on the Entry Page:
- Entrant’s first name, last name, e-mail address, birth date and daytime telephone number (“Personal Information”).
- Enter the correct Word of the Day. If any entry includes an incorrect Word of the Day that entry will be disqualified.
- Check the box on the Entry Page acknowledging that Entrant has read and accepts this Sweepstakes Official Rules.
Those Entrants who do not fill in all the required fields on the Entry Page will be disqualified.
Entrant’s entry must be received by Sponsor between 12:00:01 a.m. PT on Monday, April 11, 2016 and 11:59:59 p.m. PT on Friday, April 22, 2016.
Sponsor will accept only one (1) qualifying entry for each day of the Sweepstakes Period per Entrant. Each qualifying entry will be eligible to win the applicable Grand Prize (as described below).
Submission of false or misleading Personal Information will be grounds for disqualification of entry. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Illegible or incomplete entries, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not deem proof of submission of an entry as proof of receipt of an entry.
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS:
Sponsor will select at random one (1) National Grand Prize and twelve (12) Local Grand Prize (one from each Local Market) (National Grand Prize, Local Grand Prize, and Local Market all defined below) winners. Sponsor will select the National Grand Prize and Local Grand Prize winners at the end of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about April 25, 2016.
If a potential Sweepstakes winner is found ineligible or fails to comply with these Official Rules, that Entrant’s claim to a prize is forfeited and an alternate qualifying and eligible entrant may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded.
- NATIONAL GRAND PRIZE: One (1) National Grand Prize awarded. A four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to one (1) Guest (“Guest”) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to one (1) Guest from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (or another on-site hotel as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3 Park Unlimited Passes for admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Wet ‘n Wild Orlando for Winner and up to one (1) Guest; admission to one (1) Blue Man Group performance for Winner and up to one (1) Guest (exact date and time to be determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); and the opportunity to attend the VIP Preview event (the “VIP Preview Event’) for Prize Provider’s new attraction, Skull Island: Reign of Kong, at Universal Orlando Resort (exact time and date for the VIP Preview Event to be determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) for winner and up to one (1) Guest (collectively, the “National Grand Prize”). Departure flight must leave from a major airport nearest the National Grand Prize winner’s city of residence (as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion). National Grand Prize Winner must be able to travel during the Travel Period of June 22, 2016 – June 25, 2016 or such other dates as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. If the National Grand Prize winner is not able to travel to Orlando, FL during the Travel Period, that winner will be declared ineligible to win any prize and Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to select another Entrant as the National Grand Prize winner. Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of the National Grand Prize: One Thousand Nine Hundred Forty Six and 52/100 Dollars ($1,946.52).
- LOCAL GRAND PRIZE: Twelve (12) Local Grand Prizes awarded (one (1) Local Grand Prize for each of the following Nielsen Designated Market Areas (as determined by Entrant’s zip code): Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT, Houston, TX; Miami, FL, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, and Phoenix, AZ (each, a “Local Market’). Each Local Grand Prize shall consist of a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to one (1) Guest (“Guest”) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to one (1) Guest from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (or another on-site hotel as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3 Park Unlimited Passes for admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Wet ‘n Wild Orlando for Winner and up to one (1) Guest; admission to one (1) Blue Man Group performance for Winner and up to one (1) Guest (exact date and time to be determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); and the opportunity to attend the VIP Preview event (the “VIP Preview Event’) for Prize Provider’s new attraction, Skull Island: Reign of Kong, at Universal Orlando Resort (exact time and date for the VIP Preview Event to be determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) for winner and up to one (1) Guest (collectively, the “Local Grand Prize”). Departure flight must leave from a major airport nearest the applicable Local Grand Prize winner’s city of residence (as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion). All Local Grand Prize Winners must be able to travel during the Travel Period of June 22, 2016 – June 25, 2016 or such other dates as determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. If a Local Grand Prize winner is not able to travel to Orlando, FL during the Travel Period, that winner will be declared ineligible to win any prize and Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to select another Entrant as the applicable Local Grand Prize winner. Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of each Local Grand Prize: One Thousand Nine Hundred Forty Six and 52/100 Dollars ($1,946.52).
Total FMV of all Prizes: $25,304.76
The National Grand Prize and Local Grand Prizes may also be collectively referred to hereunder as “Prize”. Residents of the Local Markets are not eligible to win the National Grand Prize. Travel arrangements will be made by Prize Provider. Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination, and return date. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Failure to secure the necessary travel documents will result in forfeiture of the Prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Prize winner. Insurance is the sole responsibility of each Prize winner and each Prize winner’s travel companion. In the event the Prize winner’s travel companion is under eighteen (18) years old, said travel companion must be the Prize winner’s child or ward. Any other travel companions must be eighteen (18) years old or older by June 22, 2016.
If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no travel companion, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider.
Sponsor and Prize Provider will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, or certificates. In the event of such a loss, Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the Prize winner or to award to that Prize winner the remaining elements of the Prize which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Prize winner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
Once airfare reservations are made they cannot be amended unless required by Prize Provider. Once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel may not be combined with any other offer and may not qualify for frequent flyer miles or hotel points. All travel will be at the risk of the winner. In the event of an act of God or an unforeseen, uncontrollable event, Sponsor and/or Prize Provider reserve the right to reschedule all travel for a later date within or outside of the Travel Period or to cancel any remaining elements of the Prize. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in any prize and are solely the winner’s responsibility including, without limitation, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, insurance, meals, room service and souvenirs and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for lost, damaged, destroyed or misplaced luggage. The FMV of the travel portion of a Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or and airline fare fluctuations. Any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Each Prize is subject to black-out dates and other travel restrictions.
All Sweepstakes winners will be required to review and execute further contracts and releases provided by Sponsor in order to receive the Prize.
For Florida residents, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation to be selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion.
ADDITIONAL PRIZE INFORMATION:
There is no substitution for any Prize or any portion thereof. The Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s and Prize Provider’s sole discretion.
Sweepstakes winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any and all federal, state and local taxes any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Prize not specified herein as being awarded. Sweepstakes winner may be issued an IRS form 1099 based on the FMV of the Prize.
The value of each Prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the FMV thereof and cannot be challenged or appealed. The Prize consists of only those items specifically listed above as part of the Prize.
PRIZEWINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS:
The Prize winner will be notified by Sponsor via telephone and/or email. If a Prize winner does not accept the Prize and/or fails to return all required documentation and signatures within seventy-two (72) hours following the date and time the Prize winner is notified by Sponsor, then that Sweepstakes winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Sponsor will require a tentative Sweepstakes winner to execute a Certificate of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (collectively, “Certificate/Release”).
If a Prize winner does not accept the Prize and/or fails to return any required documentation and signatures within seventy-two (72) hours following the date and time the Prize winner is notified by Sponsor, then that Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Refusal or return of any notifications, Affidavit/Release or Prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate entry will be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE:
All Sweepstakes related materials, including submission entries (“Submission”) becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the Entrant, but entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereafter invented, throughout the universe, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
Any use of any of the Sweepstakes Entities trademarks or copyright interest is strictly prohibited and may subject Entrant to civil and/or criminal liability.
ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “with all faults.” SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES make no warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use or enjoyment of any prize, or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties for a prize, or any portion thereof, are contained in the manufacturers’ or service providers’ warranties, as relevant.
All trademarks utilized as part of the Sweepstakes or the Prize are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as prizes does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Sweepstakes by such companies.
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION:
By entering, ALL Entrants IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT’s HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, LEGAL SUCCESSORS AND/OR ASSIGNS release and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES From and against any and all claims, demands, losses and causes of action for any DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONSEQUENTIAL, punitive, AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES), liability, loss, cost, fees (including attorneys’ fees), including, without limitation, damage to PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of THE acceptance, possession, REDEMPTION, MISDIRECTION, use or misuse of ANY prize OR ANY PORTION OF ANY PRIZE (including any activity OR TRAVEL related thereto) or participation in the SWEEPSTAKES and the ACTIVITIES OR FOR ANY And all claims based on rights of publicity and rights of privacy WHETHER any of these things are CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES.
DISCLAIMERS / LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY:
By ENTERING, ALL ENTRANTS IN THE SWEEPSTAKES agree that THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES assume no liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with THE use, acceptance, possession or awarding of ANY prize or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any SWEEPSTAKES-related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss OR accident to person or property due to an intentional act, an act of negligence or default and/or any act of God.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules.
The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for human errors or for any damaged, tampered with, delayed, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, lost, forged, misaddressed, misdirected, mutilated, mass machine-generated, unintelligible, incomprehensible, postage-due or stolen mail or entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. In addition, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical errors in these Official Rules, Sweepstakes content or any advertising materials for the Sweepstakes, or for any kind of computer, electronic, hardware, software, Internet, network, technical or telephone failures and/or problems caused by the Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Entities or the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, typographical, electronic, network or other error that may occur in receiving and/or processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or by infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure.
If the Sweepstakes becomes compromised, hampered, interrupted, not capable of running as planned, rendered impossible of performance in any way or prevented, including, without limitation, because of any kind of computer viruses, bugs, electronic, hardware, software, Internet, network, technical or telephone failures, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, an event of force majeure or any other cause created by Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Entities, the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change the Official Rules, to cancel, modify, suspend or withdraw the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes offer and/or cancel, modify, suspend or withdraw any method of entry, without notice, and select Prize winners from all entries received for the Sweepstakes prior to or after the cancellation, modification, suspension or withdrawal. As used herein, an event of force majeure shall be deemed to include, without limitation, an act of God; an act of terrorism, war, riot or civil commotion, fire, casualties, equipment failure, boycott; labor dispute, strike or stoppage (including a strike by the members of any union), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, an act, regulation, order or request of or by any federal, state or local authority or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the act, regulation, order or request proves to be invalid); or any other similar or dissimilar act beyond the Sponsor’s control.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
All Entrants, as a condition of entry, agree that they have not purchased any kind of Internet service whatsoever in order to participate in and/or enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from utilizing the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE OR CELLULAR SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR CAMPAIGN VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS.
IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTERING AGENCY MAY, AT THEIR SOLE AND REASONABLE DISCRETION, DISQUALIFY ANY AND ALL ENTRANTS MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE:
The parties agree that the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Each Entrant agrees (i) that any or all lawsuits brought by Entrants pursuant to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes will be brought in the courts located in Los Angeles, California; provided, however, that claims for bodily injury, personal injury, or property damages arising out of the redemption, use or misuse of any Prize must be submitted to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants hereby waive any and all objections to personal jurisdiction. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including, without limitation, costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
For a copy of the Official Rules, go to www.extratv.com.
For list of winners please send a request to:
Extra’s Colossal Adventure Sweepstakes Winner’s List
c/o Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing
4001 West Olive Avenue Room 3034
Burbank, CA 91505
SPONSOR: Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution
4001 West Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
© 2016 Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. All rights reserved.
PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort is the Prize supplier only in this Sweepstakes; is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes; and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws.