On Tuesday, “Extra’s” Mario Lopez sat down with actor Tom Arnold at Universal Studios Hollywood, where he promoted his new Viceland reality series “The Hunt for the Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold.”
The show chronicles Tom’s search for potentially damaging recordings from President Donald Trump’s years as the star of the NBC reality series “The Apprentice,” which was produced by Mark Burnett.
Last month, Tom and Mark made headlines after Tom said they got into a physical altercation at a pre-Emmy party in September. As for what allegedly went down, Tom commented, saying, “I wasn’t supposed to go to any parties and I went there and Mark Burnett, I see him as I get there. We’re the last people there. He’s at the top of the stairs with his buddies. You know, he was a special forces guy or something, and he’s all toughing it up… I’m like, ‘Oh, my gosh, he’s going to block me from coming into this party because he’s mad about my stupid show.'”
The 59-year-old accused Mark of being “wasted,” but told The Hollywood Reporter last month, “I don’t know if he was drunk or what.”
“I tried to avoid him. I didn’t say a word and he literally started choking me,” Tom claimed. “He grabbed me by the esophagus… I almost went backwards… Mark and his buddies, they’re going to block me like grade school. I tried to walk around him and then he grabbed on me. When they pulled him back, we got to the top of the stairs and I was able to defend myself.”
He added, “(Executive) Jeffrey Katzenberg brought me back into the party. If I would have attacked somebody they would have made me leave the party.”
Following the incident, Burnett’s wife Roma Downey accused Tom of ambushing her husband, tweeting, “Got this bruise tonight when Tom Arnold tried to ambush my husband Mark and me at a charity event. Is your TV show worth it Tom?Please stop.”
Of her allegations, Tom argued, "I didn't even see his wife there, by the way. I didn't even see her through the whole thing. She tweeted a picture of a bruise on her hand, saying that I attacked her, too."
Tom subsequently filed a report with the police over the incident, saying, “I’m letting the detectives do their work.”
As for his ex-wife Roseanne Barr, whose ABC sitcom “Roseanne” was canceled and refocused as "The Conners" after she posted a racist tweet, Tom said, “She needs to at least acknowledge what she did. She’s going around saying it was political. It’s not. It was racist. She’s still hasn’t owned it!”
“The Hunt for the Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold” airs Tuesdays on Viceland.