Television

Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson's First Words After ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Sex Scandal

Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson's First Words After ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Sex Scandal
ABC

UPDATE: DeMario Jackson's publicist Eve Sarkisyan-Nunn released the following statement to "Extra," "It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."

Reality star Corinne Olympios is finally addressing the “Bachelor in Paradise” controversy about her and DeMario Jackson possibly engaging in sex acts while intoxicated.

Olympios said in a statement to “Extra” on Wednesday, “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

"As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality,” she continued. "As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

The day before, DeMario broke his silence in a video obtained by “Extra.” As he was leaving a Starbucks in Los Angeles on Tuesday, DeMario responded with a “no comment” to questions about what happened in Mexico, but did say that Corinne is an “awesome girl.” Watch!

DeMario appeared to be on good terms with Corinne.

It was the first time DeMario was seen since news broke about his alleged involvement in the scandal.

Sources close to DeMario told TMZ he wants the footage of his encounter with Corinne to be released. According to the site, those who have seen the footage claim the encounter seemed consensual.

Warner Bros. immediately suspended production of the show in order to thoroughly investigate “allegations of misconduct.” In a statement, Warner Bros said, "Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

Amid the scandal, former “Bachelor” Ben Higgins defended the franchise, sharing on his podcast with Ashley Iaconetti, "I was never forced into anything. I was talked through as a friend in situations. If I was confused, they would sit with me and allow me to speak my mind and help me process. And yes, there is producing that is done. It's a show. There are situations that happen that they need to get something out of it, but it's never a forced situation. They don't write a storyline before the season starts."

The show had been scheduled to premiere in August.

Comments