Sept. 16 marked a special night in Hollywood, as the entertainment community honored ten stars committed to social change, at the Television Industry Advocacy Awards.
Watch the video!
The ceremony, benefiting the Creative Coalition, saluted actors who use the power of celebrity for good causes.
This year’s honorees included:
- Jill Soloway for bringing awareness to LGBTQ issues through her show “Transparent”
- “Veep” actor Tony Hale for his work with the International Justice Mission which combats sex trafficking, slavery, and child abuse
- Niecy Nash (“Getting On”) for her work with the Amazing Grace Conservatory, which educates and empowers youth through the arts
- “Dancing with the Stars” pro Derek Hough for his involvement with 1 Life at a Time and Sophie’s Place, which heals children through song
- “Veep” actor Reid Scott for his efforts on behalf of Oceana, to protect and clean the oceans
- Dean Norris (“Under the Dome”) for his work with the Wounded Warrior Project which supports our troops
- “Good Morning America’s” Sandra Lee for her efforts on behalf of breast cancer awareness.
- Michael Kelly from “Veep” for his involvement in the Thanks Mom and Dad Foundation, which supports programs and services for senior citizens.