Actor Thomas Gibson has opened a Twitter account so he can talk directly with fans following his dismissal from “Criminal Minds.”
The star, who allegedly got into an altercation on the set of the popular show, told followers, “I wish I could thank each of you for your friendship & support. I love 'Criminal Minds,' & I'm disappointed by what's happened.”
I wish I could thank each of you for your friendship & support. I love "Criminal Minds," & I'm disappointed by what's happened #ThomasGibson— Thomas Gibson (@ImThomasGibson) August 16, 2016
Gibson added, “I'm here on #Twitter so we can stay connected in the days to come, and talk directly with each other.”
The series of tweets continued, “The support you show means the world to me and my family. This is not an ending, but a beginning as well. Thank you all.”
The support you show means the world to me and my family. This is not an ending, but a beginning as well. Thank you all. #ThomasGibson— Thomas Gibson (@ImThomasGibson) August 17, 2016
While Gibson's Twitter account is not yet verified, Variety has confirmed that it does belong to the actor.
ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios previously released a statement to People addressing the incident, which said, "Thomas Gibson has been dismissed from ‘Criminal Minds.’ Creative details for how the character's exit will be addressed in the show will be announced at a later date."
At the time, Gibson also responded with a statement to People magazine that read, "I love ‘Criminal Minds’ and have put my heart and soul into it for the last 12 years. I had hoped to see it through to the end, but that won't be possible now. I would just like to say thank you to the writers, producers, actors, our amazing crew, and most importantly, the best fans that a show could ever hope to have."