Sunday marks the Season 6 finale of “Game of Thrones”!
In honor of the big night, we’ve collected 10 facts you probably never knew about the hit HBO series, courtesy of IMDb.
- Peter Dinklage was the only actor considered for Tyrion.
- It cost more than $10 million to shoot each episode of Season 6.
- Co-showrunner David Benioff’s wife threatened to divorce him if he killed off Jon Snow.
- Natalie Dormer avoids spoilers by only reading Margaery scenes.
- Charles Dance, who plays Tywin Lannister, actually skinned a real stag in his first scene on the show.
- Sophie Turner was fooled about Jon Snow's fate.
- The author, George R.R. Martin, had a cameo in the unaired pilot.
- Lena Headey used a body double for Cersei's penance.
- Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, is the brother of famous singer Lily Allen, who wrote a not terribly flattering song about her brother called "Alfie.”
- Dean-Charles Chapman has played two Lannisters, the squire Martyn Lannister and King Tommen Lannister.
For more fun facts visit IMDb.