Celebrity News

The Latest on 'Maze Runner' Star Dylan O’Brien’s Recovery after On-Set Accident

The Latest on 'Maze Runner' Star Dylan O’Brien’s Recovery after On-Set Accident
Getty

Dylan O’Brien’s “Maze Runner” co-star Giancarlo Esposito is speaking out about the 24-year-old’s recovery from an accident he suffered on the set of the franchise’s third installment, “The Death Cure.”

"He's healing very well," Esposito told EOnline.com at the premiere of “The Jungle Book." "He got put together a couple of weeks ago... He's one tough cookie."

The production was temporarily shut down, but Giancarlo says the cast and crew will start filming again on May 15. "[Dylan] got his bell rung. I would imagine many who witnessed thought that was it… [But] he's a survivor. The one good thing about Dylan that I think is going to help him get back on schedule with us very soon is he has a great attitude."

The two have exchanged texts since the accident. Esposito told him, "I said, 'If you wanted to get out of work, I have connections at the studio. I would have gotten you off for a couple of days. You didn't have to do that to yourself.'"

Dylan’s response? He wrote back, “Oh, my God, I almost broke my face laughing.”

It was previously thought that O’Brien was hit or run over by a car during a stunt gone wrong. Later, a WorkSafeBC report explained that it was actually a motorcycle crash.

Without naming the victim, the report stated, "A worker was leaving the filming area on a motorcycle after completing a stunt sequence. The motorcycle went into a slide while turning onto a side road. The worker struck his head on the pavement and temporarily lost consciousness,"

The worker suffered a "concussion, facial fracture and lacerations.”

Comments