Ever since Jon Stewart shocked the world by announcing his retirement from "The Daily Show," fans have wondered who will take his place.
Now we have our answer, and it’s 31-year-old standup comedian Trevor Noah.
Many of you might not be familiar with Trevor, so we put together a list of the 5 things to know about him:
1. He's from South Africa and is freakishly smart… he even speaks six languages!
2. Trevor is new to the “Daily Show.” He joined the late-night favorite in December and has only appeared in two episodes so far this year.
3. He didn’t audition for the gig. According to The New York Times, the decision was made by the network with Stewart's guidance. The exiting host told the paper, “He’s a tremendous comic and talent that we’ve loved working with."
4. Trevor is a world traveler. He was visiting Dubai when it was announced he would be taking over the show. This year, he's also planning to visit Cape Town, New York City, London and Chicago.
5. Noah can’t wait to get started. He told The New York Times, “Now, it’s my turn to steer the ship.”
6. Bonus! He’s a soap star. In 2002, he had a major role on the South African soap opera “Isidingo.”
What do you think of Trevor as the new "Daily Show" host? Do you think he's the right choice? Let us know on our Facebook page.