The children of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith gave an otherworldly interview to T Magazine in which they discussed many topics, including prana energy (meditation), babies, school being useless, and how Willow can control time with her mind.
Here are five of the most interesting quotes:
1. The pair revealed that Willow, 14, is currently reading “quantum physics,” while Jaden, 16, said he is glossing over an “ancient text” called “‘The Ancient Secret of the Flower Life’ [that] can’t be pre-dated.”
2. On school, Willow said, “I went to school for one year. It was the best experience, but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, ‘Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.’ But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.”
Jaden added, “Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true. It’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to.”
3. On the recurring themes in their music, Jaden replied, “the melancholiness [sic] of the ocean; the melancholiness of everything else,” while Willow described it as “the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.”
4. On controlling time, Willow explained, “I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please. That’s how I know it doesn't exist.”
5. On meditation and babies, Jaden said, “When babies are born, their soft spots bump: It has, like, a heartbeat in it. That’s because energy is coming through their body, up and down. It’s prana energy because they still breathe through their stomach. They remember. Babies remember.
Willow added, “When they’re in the stomach, they’re so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they’re shocked by this harsh world… as they grow up, they start losing.”