Country star Luke Bryan scored nine American Country Awards at Monday night’s ceremony in Las Vegas.
His No. 1 country hit, “I Don’t Want This Night to End,” was named top Single and Music Video of the Year.
1. Luke Bryan was born and raised in Leesburg, Georgia.
2. Luke’s older brother was killed in a car accident on the same day the singer was going to move to Nashville to try to make it in the country music world. After the death of his brother, he decided to stay at home with his family and attended Georgia Southern University.
3. After graduating from college, Luke went to work for his dad at a peanut mill, but the elder Bryan encouraged his son to go to Nashville. Luke went there in 2001 and landed a songwriting deal only two months later.
4. He is married to Caroline Boyer, and they have two sons; Bo, 4, and Tatum, 2.
5. Luke was the only country singer who made Billboard's New Faces to Watch in 2007. Dolly Parton is one of his heroes.