Tareq Salahi, infamously known for allegedly crashing a White House dinner with his wife Michaele, checked in with "Extra" Lifechanger Dr. Aaron Rollins for a little nip/tuck in his chin area.
Salahi admitted he began to feel more self-conscious about his chin after a particular incident. "I didn't start noticing I had a double chin until the 'Saturday Night Live' spoof that was done on my wife and I (sic)."
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rollins, specializing in liposuction, has pioneered one of the quickest and most painless procedures yet. Rollins performs the operation without the use of needles or general anesthesia. "We don't use a scalpel -- we use a biopsy punch. What's great about it, is it leaves a hole that's a circle. The circle helps you drain the numbing fluid out. That means you're swollen for less time and look better sooner," the doc explained.
The chin liposuction took between 20-30 minutes and was done while Tareq was wide awake. Dr. Rollins removed some fat from Salahi's chin area, then tightened the area with the latest Smart Lipo Laser. "It gently heats underneath the skin and basically shrinkwraps it."
At the end of the procedure, Dr. Rollins said, "Tareq Salahi is going to look five to ten years younger when he heals."
If you are interested in this minimally invasive procedure to remove fat from your body, here are five things you need to know:
5 Things You Need to Know Before You Get Liposuction:
1. Liposuction is a procedure that can remove fat deposits that diet and exercise can't. It costs between $3,000 and $10,000 and is usually done as an outpatient procedure in a hospital-type setting.
2. Although liposuction removes fat from unwanted areas, it should not be considered a substitute for exercise, nor is liposuction designed for weight loss. Liposuction is a body-contouring procedure, designed to help those who are near their normal body weight, but still have bulging areas of fat.
3. The procedure can take anywhere from 2-5 hours, and while you would only need to stay in bed for 2-3 days afterwards, full recovery time is estimated to be two weeks. The procedure is pretty painful and the areas treated will be tender and sore for 1-2 months.
4. Liposuction can treat areas such as the neck, abdomen, chest and many other areas. This procedure can also be performed on several areas during a single operation, however, consult with a cosmetic surgeon as to the possible risks for undergoing liposuction in multiple areas.
5. There are a variety of procedures employed by surgeons to remove fat during liposuction. The most common are the tumescent technique and the Ultrasound Assisted Lipoplasty (UAL), and others. If you are considering liposuction, please consult with a Board-Certified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon to determine the safest, most effective way to remove fat from your body.