It's time to pour the margaritas and serve the hors d'oeuvres -- "Extra's" got you covered with the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
The perfect margarita recipe for your party is a must. Here's one for all you health-conscious folks - it's only 160 calories. The best part is that it's made with Milagro tequila, which is a favorite of Matthew McConaughey, Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayek.
World's Freshest Margarita
2 oz. Milagro Tequila
1 oz. Agave Nectar
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Combine ingredients with ice and shake.
Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
Check out party tips from Milagro Ambassador Jamie Salas:
1) As guests enter the party, greet them with a tray of the "World's Freshest Margaritas." Skip the pre-made, artificial margarita mixes loaded with sugar and bring out your inner mixologist.
2) For hors d'oeuvres, swap traditional ingredients to make your menu more unique. For example, include cabbage in your tacos instead of lettuce. Or, exchange your typical green peppers for yellow or red peppers for a whole new taste. Pork can replace chicken in traditional dishes such as enchiladas, tacos or burritos.
3) When you think of Mexico, you think of saturated colors like the ones used on the Mexican flag, For décor, place a deep red or green tablecloth over your buffet table and set out napkins in green, white and red.
4) Decorate your table (or gift your guests) with mini cactus plants, toy maracas, small clay pots filled with candy "Red Hots," bouquets of red, green and white carnations and more.
5) Impress your guests with your Cinco de Mayo knowledge: The holiday commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. While Cinco de Mayo has limited significance nationwide in Mexico (it is primarily observed in Puebla), the date is observed in the US as a celebration of Mexican heritage and Pride. It is NOT Mexico's Independence Day -- that is September 16th.