How to Know If You Have Poison Ivy


Poison oak and poison ivy are the two most common plants that people develop an allergic reaction to. They are extremely common throughout the U.S., anywhere in the hills -- and sometimes in your own backyard!

If you notice you're getting a red, itchy rash, don't ignore it! If you've been gardening or hiking, or if your pet has been in the woods, it's possible you've come in contact with poison oak or poison ivy.

The first thing to do is apply an over the counter hydrocortisone cream and take an antihistamine. If the OTC remedies don't do the trick, it's time to see a doctor, who will most likely prescribe a prescription strength cortisone cream to prevent the rash from worsening. It's possible that you'll need to take oral cortisone if your case is severe. But don't wait! You'll make yourself miserable if you do!

Do you have a question for "Extra's" team of Lifechangers? Upload your video comments or leave a comment below!