"Extra" jumped into the kitchen with Food Network star Nigella Lawson -- and she's sharing the recipe for her chocolate pear pudding cake for the holidays.
- 2 14-oz cans pear halves in juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 10 tablespoons (1 ¼ sticks) soft butter plus more for greasing
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8½ inch square ovenproof dish with butter.
2. Drain the pears and arrange them in the base of the dish.
3. Put all the remaining ingredients in a processor and blitz till you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
4. Spread the brown batter over the pears, and bake in the over for 30 minutes.
5. Let stand for 5 or 10 minutes and then cut into slabs -- cut 2 down and 2 across to make 9 slices -- and serve with chocolate sauce.
Serves 6 - 8